- All bookings are subject to a 10% deposit of the hire cost due on the date of booking. The booking form will be sent to either your email or by post, the booking form requests your card details for booking deposit and balance of final payment. Wedding events – the final 90% fee must be paid 7 days before your wedding takes place. All other events will be invoiced 7 days after the event by Stratton Catering. In the unlikely event of the customer being unhappy with the quality or service from Stratton Catering, Stratton Catering will endeavour to address the problem the customer has. Once we have received and signed forms, Stratton Catering will send out confirmation of booking. Stratton Catering cannot confirm bookings unless Stratton Catering has received the booking form.
- No two bookings are ever the same, so we pride ourselves on being as flexible to the customer as possible, so please contact us for advice on how we can help you make your event run smoothly. Stratton Catering can move dates if required in some circumstances and not lose the deposit taken. This depends on the new date being available.
- By agreeing to these terms & conditions on the Stratton Catering website it becomes a binding contract with the customer and Stratton Catering.
- The hirer is responsible for the safe-keeping of all hired items from the time of delivery/collection, until returned to the custody of Stratton Catering. Damage or breakages to hired items will be charged separately at replacement cost. The hirer will be notified of any breakages once all items have been checked over by Stratton Catering. Substitute items will NOT be accepted.
- Payment can be made by credit card, debit card, cheque or cash.
- In the event of default of payment, the hirer will be required to pay all costs incurred in respect of recovery including solicitors fees and any other legal fees that may be incurred.
3. Cancellation Rights
- Once your order is confirmed and booked you will be subject to a cancellation charge of 25% of the quoted figure excluding any labour services booked.
- Between seven and fourteen days before your event you will be subject to a charge of 50% of the quoted figure excluding any labour services booked.
- Less than 7 days before your event you will be subject to a charge of 100% of the quoted figure excluding any labour services booked.
- Travel within a 10 mile radius of LU7 1EU is free of charge. Any distance over that will be charged at £1 per mile.
- At Stratton Catering we always aim to beat the traffic through early departure from our premises. If however we should be held up in traffic we cannot be held responsible if the service isn’t delivered on time.
- All prices include VAT (where applicable).
6. General Liability
- We do not accept liability for any failure to provide the services contracted which are due to circumstances beyond our control, including electricity and water failure, or fire alarm evacuation.
7. Public Liability
- To protect ourselves against 3rd party claims, Stratton Catering has obtained full public liability insurance. Details of this are available upon request.
8. Food Hygiene
- Our company is committed to eliminating the five most common bacteria; Salmonella, Listeria, E Coli, Campylobacter and Clostridium Perfingens, which can be present on hired catering as a result of poor hygiene, inadequate high temperature and corss contamination.
- All staff members have up to date and relevant food hygiene certificates and full training.
- Stratton Catering know that certain fresh meat products, for example chicken on the bone needs to have extra special care. So Stratton Catering use a pre-cooking process that gives the chef complete confidence when cooking for large amounts of guests.
- All Foods supplied for Stratton Catering are sourced by our sister business HG Stratton Butchers.
- HG Stratton Butchers are specialists in quality local meats and foods. HG Stratton Butchers also works very closely with Farmers in the area of 10 miles to source the very best Beef, Pork and Lamb.
- HG Stratton Butchers even has its own farm in Stewkley where the family produces beef and lamb for HG Stratton Butchers.
10. Booking Comfirmation Deposit Costs
Please note all deposits are non-refundable.